2013 Guar Gum Report: INDIA
THL Special Report
Available as a PDF download >>
Pay with PAYPAL or your CREDIT CARD
Delivered to your inbox by SendOwl
Market-Leading Insights into the global Guar Gum situation>>
"The Indian Guar Gum market is following our predicted pathway towards industry consolidation...
although risks remain."
- Javed Matin
The opaque nature of guar gum’s supply chain in India demands continuous, close monitoring of developments on the ground to better predict pricing and supply trends as 2013 season unfolds. While prices look stable at this juncture, there are several unknowns that could have a significant impact to the stability of the guar market. These include:
- Will the nexus between influential traders and processors once again influence guar gum prices this year?
- Will the Indian regulator, Future Markets Commission (FMC) allow futures trading of guar on Indian commodity exchange?
- Does FMC have the mandate and ability to check insider trading, cartelization and price manipulation if guar gets relisted on the commodities exchange?
- Is the government contemplating policy changes for guar gum?
- Are there any socio-political-security trends that have the potential to impact the movement of freight from guar gum processors to the export ports in India?
- What will happen if export-ports encounter labor issues or greater capacity constraints or a major security breach takes place?
- What is the current sentiment of the farmers? Will they once again prefer growing guar over other competing crops in larger numbers?
IN THIS REPORT
IN THIS LATEST REPORT, the research team at Three Headed Lion reviews the current pricing and supply trends by evaluating key underlying market fundamentals.
The report also provides:
- dashboards to show how market fundamentals are performing
- uncovers the Guar Gum supply chain by revealing the opaque elements in each step from farm-to-export and presents a deep analysis of the guar gum industry in India by assessing each element of the supply chain- farmers, traders, guar gum processors and logistic infrastructure.
- reveals new developments on the ground, , with key insights from industry leaders and participants
- an overview of the current state of the Indian Guar Gum market
- in-depth review of critical factors impacting the supply and price of Guar Gum
- current sentiment of key stakeholders - farmers, traders, processors, and logistics operators
- an outline of historical trends and a forecast for 2013
- an assessment of the current state of the guar industry lifecycle in India
- market fundamentals dashboards by each supply chain element
- insights from interviews with key administrators, government officials, farmers, traders, processors and logistics operators
- expert recommendations for Guar Gum buyers
- detailed charts and graphs on pricing trends and production yields
- a comprehensive directory of India’s Guar Gum processors
- a comprehensive directory of India’s Guar Gum warehouses
- a comprehensive directory of India’s Guar Gum quality assurance consultants
Who should use this report?
Business and financial planners, Business Unit heads, Purchasing managers, logistic managers, Equity researchers, Hedge Fund managers, Investors, Market researchers, and others interested in guar or guar gum.
THL's GUAR GUM REPORT 2013 (SEPTEMBER)
78 pages, 30 figures and 10 tables, 3 directories,
with deep industry insights and buyer recommendations
BUY NOW >>
IN DEPTH INTERVIEWS
A list of stakeholders interviewed by THL research team to collect primary data and information include:
- 1000+ farmers across 32 guar producing districts in the states of Rajasthan, Haryana, Gujarat and Punjab
- CEOs of seven leading guar gum producing companies in Rajasthan, Haryana and Gujarat
- Minister of Agriculture, Rajasthan
- Minister of Industries, Rajasthan
- Minister of Agriculture, Haryana
- Minister of Industries, Haryana
- President, All India Guar Gum Manufacturers Association
- 20+ traders across Rajasthan and Haryana
- Director, Department of Agriculture, Punjab
- Director, Department of Agriculture, Gujarat
- Deputy Director, Department of Agriculture, Gujarat
- Sr. Agriculture Scientist and guar specialist, Rajasthan
- Director, Agriculture Research Institute, Haryana
- Deputy Director, Department of Agriculture Department, Rajasthan
- Ex-Seed Corporation Chairman and Farmer, Birwar, Rajasthan
- Deputy Director, Port Authority, Gujarat
- Director, Indian Meteorological Department, Delhi
- Director, Indian Meteorological Department, Rajasthan
REVEALING CHARTS & GRAPHS
With 90 pages, 34 figures and 12 tables to illustrate our key findings, THL's 2013 (September Update) Guar Gum Report provides unparalled insights into the fragmented, opaque, world of Guar Gum in India.
ABOUT THREE HEADED LION
THL strives to:
- Provide sound and timely expert analysis & judgment on developments and issues that impact India and the global economy.
- Offer robust understanding of India’s risk environment through political, economic and societal lenses.
- Drill down policy level/regulatory changes to reveal its impacts on sectors, companies & people with varying degrees of purchasing power.
- Unearth what’s trending in India (not on Twitter), but in its buoyant emerging market at macro, commodity and micro levels.
- Provide comprehensive market intelligence and micro level data on key sectors.
- Objectively assess the effectiveness of citizen-centric government programs and initiatives.
Learn more at www.threeheadedlion.com >>
“Normally by March farmers sell most of their guar stock, however, this year farmers decided to hold on to their stocks with the hope for better prices. After waiting for almost four months, farmers have decided to sell guar. We are happy that guar has finally started to arrive in the market.”
Surender Somani, Trader, Sriganganagar, Rajasthan.
“Because of guar we were able to pay off decades of debt and marry of my sister with great fanfare. Guar turned out to be a true blessing for my family.”
Pradeep Kumar, Devrada village, Haryana. (February 2013)
“I am extremely disappointed with current guar prices of INR 9,000 to 10,000 per 100 Kgs. Farmers were expecting prices to be at last year’s level of INR 30,000 per 100 Kgs. I bought seeds at very high price, now I don’t know what to do.”
Ramanand Yadav, Farmer, Behrod, Rajasthan. (February 2013)
“The issue of cartelization in the trade of guar gum is under consideration.”
Sachin Pilot, Minister of Corporate Affairs, Government of India.
“Guar production in North Gujarat is very good this year.”
H.R. Meena, Gujarat Seed Corporation.
“This year due to excessive rain, my crop was badly damaged. As a result the yield was only 1/3rd of what it was last year. I am waiting and hoping for the price to go higher so that I can sell the little quantity I have.”
Jelaram Negwal, Farmer, Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
(Dec. 04, 2012).
“Last year farmers in my village sold the seeds at very low price, but this year, they are waiting for the right time and right price. However, smaller farmers are selling seeds as they as do not have strong financial support”
Dharampal Badhana, Leader, Farmer Association, Haryana. (Dec. 05, 2012)
“I expect the price of guar to rise. Last season, traders and guar gum processors made a lot of profit. This year, farmers are very aware of the opportunity and are not releasing the seeds to the market, they are waiting for the price to increase.”
R.G Sharma, Deputy Director, Agriculture Department, Mehsana, Gujarat.
“Looking at good production and price last season, my family and I have decided to go for a second guar crop in February. We normally grow Bajra (Pearl Millet) at that time, but we are planning to opt for guar.”
Mansi Vikram Singh, Farmer, Mehsana, Gujarat.